FURNISHING HOMES, FURNISHING LIVES
Furnishing Homes, Furnishing Lives is End Furniture Poverty’s campaign to increase the provision of furnished accommodation in the social housing sector. Furnished properties are the norm in the private rental market but social housing tenants are rarely offered the chance to rent a furnished property.
A furnished tenancy is a powerful tool.
For vulnerable tenants it removes a huge financial pressure to find money or to access credit to make their new property into a functioning home. Furnished tenancies are sustained tenancies.
For social landlords there are multiple benefits:
- Reduced tenancy failure, increased length of tenancies and reduced void costs
- Financial inclusion for vulnerable tenants
- Reduced risk of rent arrears and improved tenant loyalty
- Income generation from Furnished Tenancies that are operated at scale
- A proven solution for excess 2 and 3 bedroom properties or hard to let properties
Our offer to the social housing sector:
- We will promote best practice in furnished tenancies – share your successes and learn from others
- We will work with you to review the feasibility of a furnished tenancy pilot for your organisation – get in touch to find out about the free support we can offer
- We will demonstrate financial and social value creation - don’t just take our word for it, we will share the evidence
- We will work with innovative social landlords to create new models of furnished tenancy provision for the current housing market