Local Welfare Provision (LWP)

Local Welfare Provision (LWP) schemes are run by local Councils and can help you if you are in urgent need following an emergency or change in circumstances. 

The offer varies from Council to Council. The scheme might provide vouchers for essential furniture items such as beds, cookers and fridges. While they don't normally offer cash grants, they may also provide help with food and fuel costs.

Search for your local Council below to find out more about the help on offer near you

If you are unsure who your local Council is you can find out here.

Click here to learn more about what furniture grants you might be able to apply for.